Cora OpsManager allows creation of a case through email sent to a specific mail ID. To enable this, you need to add at least one email to Cora OpsManager that will be listened to while creating and processing a case.
Instead of adding too many email listeners, auto forward emails from several mailboxes (inboxes) to one inbox, and listen only to this inbox (it is recommended to forward a set of maximum 10 inboxes to one mailbox).
To configure mail boxes in Cora OpsManager:
- Create an email listener, by duplicating ICM Email Listener workflow.
- Add record to MailboxRoutingConfig lookup.
Configure an email listener workflow
Duplicate the ICM email listener workflow, and save it with a new name.
Do not use or edit the original email listener.
Follow the steps below to configure your own email listener workflow:
- Go to Administration > All Workflows > ICM Email Listener.
- Right click and select Manage Versions (Active).
- On pop-up window, click Create a copy of this workflow.
- Give it a name, and click Create.
- Click Open Workflow.
- Select ICM Email Listener activity, and in the right menu click on the ellipsis (...) near the Job Name attribute.
- On the Job tab,
- Type a job name.
- Select the Job is enabled check box.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the details in Command tab.
- Select Include message attachments and linked resources check box.
- In case you want to attach the original email to the Case as a message in *.msg format, select the Save message content as attachment check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Advance options tab, add the following details:
- Repeats by: select Minutes.
- Every: add 1.
- Click Finish.
See Email Listener Activity Overview article for details.
Add mailboxes to Cora OpsManager
As a part of process of adding mailboxes to Cora OpsManager, you need to add values to MailboxRoutingConfig lookup table.
- Go to Administration > Lookup Tables > ICM Data Model > MailboxRoutingConfig.
- Click Add New Record, to create new record with the following properties:
Listener mail box
Mailbox you are listening to.
Originated mail box
Mailbox(es) from which the email is forwarded.
Not in use
Not in use
The team responsible for the inbox.
Country set for the Case as per the originated inbox.
Category set for the Case as per the originated inbox.
Type set for the Case as per the originated inbox.
Default response language
The default language set for auto email responses.
You must include in this list,
- a record for the listener inbox such that the originated mailbox and listener mailbox are same, and
- a record for your default ‘from address’ as mentioned in the PlatformConfig lookup.
If you do not want to create a case from a specific mailbox, make sure you do not add the mailbox to the Originated mail list.