Use the If Else Activity to route a workflow according to one or more business rules.
- Route a help-desk workflow according to SLA.
- Route a mortgage application workflow according to the time elapsed since the application was completed.
- To access the wizard, right-click the If Else Activity and select Edit.
- After you complete the wizard
- Connect the If Else Activity to the source activity and the two destination activities.
- To configure the destination activity properties, right-click each destination activity and select Properties.
- Select On Success for the route you want the workflow to follow when the business rule is True.
- Select On Failure for the route you want the workflow to follow when the business rule is False.
- When a condition fails to evaluate (throws an exception), the business rule is returned as False.