You can define the data model with a query whose data is retrieved from a stored procedure. This data can then be used to populate a combo box in a form.
NOTE: Stored procedure names must begin with the prefix USP.
Access the Data Model
Define the Data Model
Select a Stored Procedure
- In the Value field, you can click the ellipsis button to defined the value based on an expression.
- The Mask property enables Sequence to know which data to receive from the client, and to which parameter of the stored procedure to pass this data to based on its type (input, filter, pagesize, and so on). Sequence assigns a default mask to each parameter based on the parameter name. If this assignment is not accurate, you can change the mask value.
Define the Query Fields
- Select the necessary fields from the Stored Procedure Fields panel and click the double arrow button to add them to the Query Fields panel.
- Name is the field name in the query.
- Projected Field is the parameter name from the stored procedure.
After you finishing defining the stored procedure query, you can use it as a data source for fields in your form.